Miley Cyrus’ “Flowers” is Top Global Streaming Song of 2023 So Far
LOS ANGELES, CA – April 6, 2023 – Today, Luminate, the preeminent entertainment data and insights company that fuels the iconic Billboard Charts, revealed that global music On-Demand Audio streams crossed the one trillion mark on Friday, March 31, 2023, marking 2023 as the first year for that milestone to be reached in just three months. The news follows Luminate’s 2022 Year-End Report data that showed a +22.6% growth in On-Demand Audio streams year-of-year from 2021.
Luminate can also reveal the top 5 most streamed songs, globally, in 2023 so far.
TOP 5 MOST STREAMED SONGS GLOBALLY IN 2023 SO FAR (audio only, as of 3/30/23)
- Miley Cyrus – “Flowers” (1.16B on-demand global audio streams in 2023 so far)
- SZA – “Kill Bill” (885M on-demand global audio streams in 2023 so far)
- The Weeknd – “Die For You” (629M on-demand global audio streams in 2023 so far)
- Bizzarap & Shakira – “BZRP Music Sessions #53” (627M on-demand global audio streams in 2023 so far)
- Rema & Selena Gomez – “Calm Down“ (601M on-demand global audio streams in 2023 so far)
VISUALIZING 1 TRILLION STREAMS
- Global music listeners have spent roughly 960,000 years streaming music in 2023 so far.
Luminate is the preeminent entertainment data and insights company, unleashing access to the most essential, objective, and trustworthy information across music, film and television, with data compiled from hundreds of verified sources. Today, the company maintains its more than 30-year legacy of accurate storytelling by powering the iconic Billboard music charts, while also acting as the premiere database for the television and film industries. Working closely with record labels, artists, studios, production companies, networks, tech companies, and more, Luminate offers the most valued source of comprehensive, independent, and foundational entertainment data that drives industry forward. Luminate is an independently operated company and a subsidiary of PME TopCo., a joint venture between Penske Media Corporation and Eldridge.
Jimmy Harney, firstname.lastname@example.org